My Esoteric profile image 89

Which got off to a worse launch, Obamacare or the U.S. Satellite program which began in 1955?

Keep in mind of the 11 Vanguard launches, only 3 were successful; Vanguard was the official U.S satellite program although the Army was working, more successfully, on their own projects, e.g., Redstone, Juno, Jupiter. If Obama had been the President in 1955 instead of Eisenhower and the current crop of Conservatives ruled the Republican Party, would there even been a U.S. space program given the initial results?

Tusitala Tom profile image91

Tom Ware (Tusitala Tom) says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 3 years ago

So true but what is depressing is there are segments in both Parties who don't feel the exploration of space is a worthwhile effort and most on the Right believe gov't has no business providing support of any kind to its citizens beyond nat'l defense

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 3 years ago

Conservatives, by definition, look backwards, not forwards. I do understand the vast difference between the two, but your initial analysis was what I was looking for.

tbHistorian says

• My Esoteric profile image

My Esoteric 3 years ago

BTW, how do you actually know nobody had their staffs read the law or found the time to read it themselves? I hope you aren't relying solely on Pelosi's flippant remark and have other well-placed factual sources.