I agree that the current government in America is a joke, but I don't agree that it is all Obama's fault. This is something that has been happening for many years, even before Obama took office. In my opinion, most all government officials are bumbling liars eager to line their own pockets. I don't know if there is a way to salvage any good from what is currently in place. There are too many examples of government idiocy to cover here, but I would like to point out two examples that I have noticed in recent months.
In reference to the two states that legalized the recreational use of marijuana, I believe two topics stand out as a perfect example of government bumbling. First of all, the government was hard nosed about banks not being involved in this marijuana trade, as it is illegal for banks to knowingly handle 'drug money'. But now that millions of dollars in revenue are rolling in, the government is falling all over themselves to change those laws. They can't stand to watch from the sidelines, they have to find a way to get their hands on some of that money.
Obama also took a 'wait and see' stance on the state's marijuana laws, allowing the states to work out the results on their own. I happen to agree with this approach, and I think all the states should have more power to govern themselves as they see fit with less federal control. Then I read that some lawmakers are trying to pass a bill that would force Obama to enforce the federal marijuana law, and allow the bill's authors to sue Obama for failure to uphold the law.
The federal government is a joke, and we are becoming a worldwide laughing stock. I don't know if it is even possible to improve things at this point, but there are certainly a few things that might help. Of course, my ideas are to try and help society, not line the pockets of politicians. Things like:
1. Passing a law that forces the government to write a balanced budget.
2. Forcing able bodied people to work at a government job in return for their government assistance.
3. Eliminating the electoral college and using a popular vote system.
4. Allowing states more freedom to govern themselves as they see fit.
5. Setting an import tax that puts American products on a level playing field with foreign products here in the United States. The government could be in an unavoidable downward spiral. Obama, and many others, need to pull their socialist heads out of their butts and see what they are doing to this once great country.