Should the police change their training in order to prevent crime and save taxpayer money?

This morning in Indianapolis a man with a rifle was about to rob a neighborhood "stop and rob." When police arrived and ordered him to stop and drop the gun he turned it on police. Several police officers discharged their weapons. He survived and was transported for medical care. He has been arrested. My questions is: Should those police officers be sent back for target training or be armed with more deadly firearms as a means of saving trial costs in cases of vicious armed criminals who should be dead not in jail?

Old Poolman profile image82

Mike (Old Poolman) says

retief2000 2 years ago

How much safer for the police if the bank customer had been willing and able to shoot the robber dead right there. No rushing to a crime, no worry about throwing himself in front of a bullet. I want our police to have long happy sane lives.

retief2000 2 years ago

No I am thinking that criminals cost society too much money.The threaten the police in the discharge of their duty.When confronted by a man with a rifle, I think they should have a better option than a pistol of medium caliber.Criminal dead? YES!