Express10 profile image 88

What are some reasons for the large lack of empathy in America across all ages?

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 2 years ago

I agree. The news can shock you or make you cry if you're a sensitive person, and there ratio of good to bad is overwhelmingly in favor of bad news. I also wonder why many parents aren't in their kids' lives, raising law abiding + thoughtful kids.

c-m-hall profile image82

CMarie (c-m-hall) says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 2 years ago

Break down of the family unit is the one that really pops out at me in part because a fair number of the problems in America can be traced back to this either in part or in full. Thanks for answering.

Suzanne Day profile image97

Suzanne Day says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 2 years ago

You have made a few valid points that I'd not thought of.

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 2 years ago

It seems very negative when there are so many who refuse to even consider another person's viewpoint, experience, proven facts or common knowledge. Then we have people who attempt turn turn tragedies into jokes. I'm interested in learning why.

Sri T profile image79

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 2 years ago

I speak of not only tragedy but also of sexism, ageism, racism, and forms of maltreatment of others. Some of those who are generous in one way are hypocritical in another. I wonder why many refuse to think of how they can affect others.