lovemychris profile image 80

So, yet again: Republicans were for it before they were against it. Why do you still believe them??

"In Massachusetts in 2006, then-Gov. Mitt Romney signed a healthcare overhaul that kept in place a contraceptive mandate signed by his Republican predecessor. Now the GOP presidential candidate is calling the Obama rule an "assault on religion." At the federal level, President George W. Bush never challenged a similar federal mandate imposed in 2000. The state laws were the product of a campaign by women's groups and others that began after insurers started covering Viagra for men." http://articles.latimes.com/2012/feb/15/nation/la-na-gop-contraceptives-20120216 info via Casey ?@pari_passu ยท

Ewent profile image83

Eleanore Ferranti Whitaker (Ewent) says

• lovemychris profile image

Yes Dear (lovemychris) 2 years ago

I thought this ? was gone.Oh well. Thanks for answering! Maybe people will choose not to work there, too. Or shop there.I certainly wouldn't. I'm so sick of the Religious Right, I could scream. Guns-ok. Death penalty-ok.Wars--yes, please!! Head games

lovemychris profile image80

Yes Dear (lovemychris) says

• Ewent profile image

Eleanore Ferranti Whitaker (Ewent) 2 years ago

I prefer to think it's more that the Soprano 5 weren't prepared for the backlash. It was always just a GOP inspired end run around Roe vs. Wade. The backlash being of course, women opting out in droves of employer plans they help pay for.