If health care is a right, what else is?

Is food a right, can I have the taxpayers pay for a 5000 calorie diet of caviar, filet mignon and champagne. I s housing a right, can I have a 5000 sq ft home on 10 wooded acres on the coast of Maine provided by the taxpayers. Is transportation a right, I have had my eye on a nice Aston Martin DB9. Is education a right, I would love to return to school, preferably Harvard, and continue my studies at taxpayer expense. What are basic rights? Is speech limited to basic speech? Worship to basic worship? Conscience to basic conscience? Press to basic press?

LandmarkWealth profile image84

Best Answer LandmarkWealth says

retief2000 2 years ago

I would only argue that "Rights" have little to do with the Founders and everything to do with Nature.Doctors are fleeing their profession, why? Because they know where the country is heading.

• tsadjatko profile image

TSAD (tsadjatko) 2 years ago

You are kidding Eric, right? The UN? Like how many countries actually adhere to this declaration? and where exactly is the phrase health care is a right? I can't find it.

retief2000 2 years ago

Outstanding! How can something be a right that requires another be compelled to supply it or pay for it.Rights are intrinsic to human nature. How can something be a right the makes a doctor supply it and your neighbors pay for it.THANK YOU

poppyr profile image92

Poppy (poppyr) says

• LandmarkWealth profile image

LandmarkWealth 2 years ago

There is no such thing as Free healthcare or Free anything anywhere in the world when it comes to products or services. No matter the service or product, there is a price somewhere in the supply chain.

tsadjatko profile image77

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

Larry Wall 2 years ago

I listen to the tape. That is the biggest line of bull I have heard in a long time. An example for you. I was without insurance and could not buy it--denied for age and prior health . I had a $33,000 hospital stay. The hospital forgave the debt.

definitions profile image61

definitions says

retief2000 2 years ago

These are most certainly rights. The right to do stupid crap is firmly cemented in human nature. Your poor judgement is your right, forcing everyone to pay for your stupid choices is not.

Daveadam says