cjhunsinger profile image 70

Should tolerance be an individual decision or mandated by the State?

I take great pride in my intolerance of others, in my individuality and my freedom to think independent of government. My requirement for tolerance is to respect my beliefs, before you demand respect for yours. Respect me before you accuse me of disrespect. That the State demands tolerance and, in that, am I to lay aside my principles, my values and acquiesce to the beliefs of others?

Sri T profile image81

Sri T (the mystic) (Sri T) says

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

Sri---I think that we have some agreement, but from different perspectives. Any agreement is a good starting point.

Old-Empresario profile image60

Old-Empresario says

Robert the Bruce profile image61

Robert the Bruce says

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 2 years ago

Robert---Once again we are in agreement. Is there any truth to whtt I have been hearing on Scotland wanting separation form England?