jlpark profile image 83

What is yr definition of persecution?

What do you view as 'being persecuted?' Or being a victim of 'persecution'? A lot of people have different definitions of it - I'd like to know what you think it is - but here is The dictionary def - 1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.'

danicole profile image80

Best Answer danicole says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

Thank you for your answer. That is what I see it to be as well, and have found that some feel that disagreement with their religion or sexual orientation (denying rights is not included here) is persecution, when it's merely disagreement.

Zelkiiro profile image95

Zelkiiro says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

I'm both female + gay, so I've experienced it. I'd like to know what other people think it is as I have seen some people cry persecution for something that isn't that at all. What do you think constitutes persecution?

Nateerrr profile image75

Nateerrr says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

Thanks Naterr for a well thought out answer. It is true, I think that it is murky at times. However, I think a handful of people confuse disagreement/criticism with persecution, but I'll wait to see if it's only me who thinks it. Thanks

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 3 years ago

Thanks for answering JT. Mine is also from an online dictionary JT but includes other groups subject to persecution.

It seems some people have their own def when it comes to discussions however. This is what I'm trying to weed out.