SAQIB6608 profile image 71

I was watching "Apocalypse Now", could not understand WHY VIETNAM WARS WAS FOUGHT?

Its a wonderful movie let me tell you. Amazing performances by Marlon Brando and Co, excellent direction, great camera work according to its time, but I have really been wondering what was the MAIN AIM of Vietnam War? ? I mean it was part of that BLOODY COLD WAR, But still ?? ? Honest and Broad concepts please.

chef-de-jour profile image95

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• SAQIB6608 profile image

SAQIB (SAQIB6608) 3 years ago

Rightly guessed about the movie.

Why did the US indulged for so many years even facing such huge colllateral damage. Same case now in Afghanistan. NATO and ISAF are joint mil forces but they contain greater chunk from US.

Old-Empresario profile image85

Old-Empresario says

• cjhunsinger profile image

cjhunsinger 3 years ago

Old

It was never a full scale war. The Gulf of Tonkin incident was a fraud. To render a reasonable accounting of this travesty you need to go back to the late 1800's.

cjhunsinger profile image72

cjhunsinger says

• SAQIB6608 profile image

SAQIB (SAQIB6608) 3 years ago

Great cjhunsinger . How your was the experience in V? I just asked because i was so moved by the movie. I would strongly suggest you watch the movie and comment please if you find time.