prektjr.dc profile image 87

How would you react to receiving a random Christmas card from a prison inmate several states away?

We received a Christmas card from a prison inmate. The address is from a prison that is hundreds of miles away. I am torn between being touched that we received this card and creeped out that some stranger who is in prison has my address and name. What do you think? Creepy, so I ignore it....or curious, so I reply? I am the parent of a Law Enforcement Officer which lends to an unusual point of view. Does that matter in your point of view.

I Am Rosa profile image87

Best Answer Rosa Marchisella (I Am Rosa) says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 2 years ago

WOW..pretty much how I was feeling! Learned this fella is a newly discovered sibling to my daughter-in-law! The card had a "Wishing your family a Happy Holiday!" and signature. I am very pro-consequence. My son was not pleased, no more cards here!

Lady Guinevere profile image61

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 2 years ago

I appreciate your response, however, please do not use your comment to post a link to your hubs. Please edit. I do not know this person and believe he needs to make amends with his victim, their family, and his family. I am none of these.

Stargrrl says

• prektjr.dc profile image

Debbie Carey (prektjr.dc) 2 years ago

I let both my sons know...it turns out it was my older son's wife's brother, one she only recently learned about. You are right though, it's not paranoia...it's just smart. I will not be making contact. I will leave that to her and my son, a Marine.