Rhonda Lytle profile image 73

Is there really a war on women in the USA or is it a politically motivated means of division?

Do you believe there is a war on women in the United States of America? If so, what do you think it is? Do you identify with the feminist goals of old or the ones of today and how would you define them? Lastly, if you do believe there is a war on women, how would you propose females combat said acts of war?

Best Answer Ian Moone says

• Rhonda Lytle profile image

Rhonda Lytle 2 years ago

Awesome response! I agree division is the end result of this and it seems to be spreading all over the western world.

• Rhonda Lytle profile image

Rhonda Lytle 2 years ago

I don't think you are dragging the issue back at all. I've been re watching many of my favorite shows of old from a predictive programming perspective and have found most of them promote racists and sexist stereotypes even among their own.

RTalloni profile image87

RTalloni says

• Rhonda Lytle profile image

Rhonda Lytle 2 years ago

RTalloni, thank you for taking the time to leave such an inspiring comment. I must admit, its refreshing :). God bless you!

wba108@yahoo.com profile image82

wba108@yahoo.com says

• Rhonda Lytle profile image

Rhonda Lytle 2 years ago

Thank you very much wba108 for answering. Again, a most refreshing, honest opinion. Very cool. I can't agree more about the abortion and pornography on demand hurting us all, not just women.

DzyMsLizzy profile image96

Liz Elias (DzyMsLizzy) says

tsadjatko profile image68

TSAD (tsadjatko) says

• Rhonda Lytle profile image

Rhonda Lytle 2 years ago

While I agree in this country it is a politicized tool of the left and mostly BS, I do see female child enslavement/prostitution as a symptom of the war no one is talking about. In other countries there's no doubt there's a war on women. PP for fig

OldRoses profile image95

Caren White (OldRoses) says

• MizBejabbers profile image

MizBejabbers 2 years ago

Hear, hear, I found myself on the street with two children, kicked out by a drug addict husband who kept me from finishing college. I struggled to support them and to finish my education. I guess I am now a rabid feminist.

• OldRoses profile image

Caren White (OldRoses) 2 years ago

fpherj48, the term "war on women" refers to the efforts by Republicans to roll back the progress that we Boomer women fought for and won. They want women out of the workplace, uneducated, barefoot and pregnant, totally dependent on men.

Kelechi Wogu profile image59

Kelechi Wogu says

• Rhonda Lytle profile image

Rhonda Lytle 2 years ago

Thank you very much for a really cool answer Kelechi. I agree both are important issues but should not be paid for with tax dollars. Personally, i would rather see said dollars go to feed hungry children since birth control is less than a burger.

shellys-space profile image60

Shelly Sellers (shellys-space) says

• Rhonda Lytle profile image

Rhonda Lytle 2 years ago

Here, here! The persecution of women around the globe resulting in rape, slavery and death are horrendous while too many here moan over a few pills. Sadly, more and more girls here are being taken for the sex trade too. Thank you for your input!

Fashion-Guru15 says

• OldRoses profile image

Caren White (OldRoses) 2 years ago

Fashion-Guru, to what rights are you referring? Being allowed to vote? Equal pay for equal work? Equal opportunity for education? Self-defense against abusers? Deadbeat dad laws? Abortion rights? Access to birth control?

MizBejabbers says

• OldRoses profile image

Caren White (OldRoses) 2 years ago

Beautifully put. I think the best example of what you and I are saying is Iran. Back in the 1970s, Iranians, led by religious fanatics, toppled the Shah and replaced him with a religious government. And then discovered that it was hell not heaven.

MrDanielAbram says