Express10 profile image 86

Do you think Italy or Greece will sell an island to Mr. Sawiris for him to donate to the refugees?

Naguib Sawiris is an Egyptian businessman and billionaire who has offered to buy an island for people fleeing to Europe from war-torn countries in the Middle East and Africa. He is quoted as saying "there is no limit" on what he is willing to spend to buy an island from Italy or Greece -- where thousands have been arriving -- to provide the refugees with a new home. I think this is the best hope that these people have of living in peace, even if only temporary. Do you think Italy or Greece will sell?

Perspycacious profile image78

Best Answer Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 23 months ago

The immigrants from Syria, Africa, etc. are facing more & more blockades, and are unlikely to make it to Russia even if they wanted. So many simply seeking peace, it's understandable why places don't want large #'s of them but they need help.

StephanPoe profile image83

StephanPoe says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 23 months ago

He has not said he wants to do these things. If he wanted to be free of taxes & grow his wealth, fine, so long as the refugees are safe & have better opportunities in life. No one else is stepping up & this could be huge a stepping stone

erorantes profile image37

Ana Maria Orantes (erorantes) says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 23 months ago

I agree, I find it doubtful though that the philanthropic billionaire would be allowed to buy land from Italy or Greece to facilitate this. I truly hope I am very wrong for the sake of those fleeing war.

supremeupbeat k profile image27

Mahadeb Kar (supremeupbeat k) says

• Express10 profile image

H C Palting (Express10) 22 months ago

You have some good observations. I would like to believe that something good will happen for the refugees seeking peace in a stable and safe place.