PeterStip profile image 71

Is the United States a Police State ?

Almost every week you can read something in the news about violent behaviour of policeman. If you would ask a black person if they trusted the police, the answer would be in most cases No. Which isn't strange if you know that 40% of the inmates is black (considering African-Americans constitute only 12 percent of America's population). Do You trust the Police ?

Herban Cowgirl profile image61

Best Answer Herban Cowgirl says

• PeterStip profile image

PeterStip 2 years ago

thank you for your clear statement. In my original question I forgot to mention the countless private enterprises that guard/protect schools,shops,public buildings etc.

Sometimes I feel guilty without doing anything. Metal detectors, cameras etc.

Faceless39 profile image95

Faceless39 says

• LoisRyan13903 profile image

LoisRyan13903 2 years ago

I smoke cigs outside because I dont want to expose hubs and kids. I noticed a cop driving by slowly looking at me. I hear that people who have meth labs smoke outdoors to prevent explosions.

ahorseback profile image79

ahorseback says

• PeterStip profile image

PeterStip 2 years ago

true, a society needs police. My question was more like, is there to much police around ? (including the private sector, guarding schools, hospitals etc.)

LoisRyan13903 profile image77

LoisRyan13903 says

• PeterStip profile image

PeterStip 2 years ago

thanks for your opinion. Maybe the true reason why there is so many violence, and therefore so many police and private security companies is the easy access of guns. It's far to easy to buy guns with all the consequences.