Jackie Lynnley profile image 76

Is Kim Davis not issuing gays license to marry good enough to cast the first stone; do you think?

Having been married & divorced..a number of times and having two children out of wedlock does it seem right she should be judging what she sees as another's sin? Does sin have a size? I can't help but think of the woman at the well in the bible that men had condemned & ready to stone for adultery & Jesus said let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Huckabee & another politician got involved & I am just wondering no matter what your beliefs how they can't see this as a double edged sword. What is your thoughts on this?

lions44 profile image95

CJ Kelly (lions44) says

Austinstar profile image79

Austinstar says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 18 months ago

We can all have the right to our opinion of "sin" but I think you are right about the pot and the kettle and she is not working for herself but the government; I mean how can she make up the law? If she wants to make a point she should quit.

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 18 months ago

You know, actually I LOVE cherries! They are a good treatment for joint aches, but cherry picking the bible and which laws one wants to follow is downright ludicrous!

Bob Bamberg profile image92

Bob Bamberg says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 18 months ago

Exactly, exactly! She is not the government she just represents it & if I felt so strongly I would as you say just walk away. It is very hypocritical of her I think going on reason of religion when she has certainly broken more than one of the ru

MizBejabbers says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 18 months ago

Exactly we see this just the same and you said it better than I did and glad you don't think I am attacking Huckabee and we see that eye to eye, too.

To me the bible says give to Caesar what is Caesars so Kim should just walk away for her belief!

Sparklea profile image76

Sparklea says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 18 months ago

I am sure we both know our bibles Sparklea & would never try to change the word of God but anyone who does study knows she is not doing right & yes it does look bad on Christians. I think if she feels so strongly she should walk away to prove

peter565 says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 18 months ago

I have no doubts about what is sin in the bible since I have read it my whole life but I am pointing out the hypocrisy of this lady. Also the fact she is not the government she merely works for them...which is us.

bradmasterOCcal profile image80

bradmasterOCcal says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 18 months ago

I asked to see if some others feel as I do and apparently they do. This is America and I have that right. Why should just certain ones have rights?