crackerjack9 profile image 84

Would you give up 5% of your pay to prevent your coworkers from being laid off?

How would you react if your company cut your pay by 5% to prevent layoffs? If you think of all you have compared to a person who has nothing, do you feel like you can sacrifice some small pleasures in order to help out a fellow human being?

Best Answer peter565 says

LoisRyan13903 profile image75

LoisRyan13903 says

• gmwilliams profile image

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) 18 months ago

C'mon now, that action is being unreasonable. You need your job. What good is it that you ask to be laid off and you are unemployed. Please, inductive and deductive logic here.

• crackerjack9 profile image

crackerjack9 18 months ago

Yes, in a little store you are more likely to be closer to your coworkers and maybe even be friends outside of work. That would make a difference.

gmwilliams profile image82

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• crackerjack9 profile image

crackerjack9 18 months ago

It doesn't have to be the way. I don't make a lot of money and even I could do without 5% of my pay. I guess it would depend on how good the company has been to me and how close I was to my coworkers, though.