bradmasterOCcal profile image 79

Should we amend the constitution to require security clearances for presidential candidates.

In 1776, we were the terrorists, the one that had committed treason, but today we are threatened by global terrorists. So why aren't we vetting our presidential candidates, as well as any congressional candidates. It took me forever to get my secret clearance years ago. and we didn't have terrorists back then.Why should politicians running for a US office not be put through the same vetting process of getting a secret clearance at a minimum?

RonElFran profile image97

Ronald E Franklin (RonElFran) says

• bradmasterOCcal profile image

bradmasterOCcal 22 months ago

Ronald

I have to disagree with both of you.

Until a person get elected there is no privilege. The privilege is given to the office and not the person.

Any denial of the clearance would indicate a serious reason why that person shouldn't be president

Old-Empresario profile image85

Old-Empresario says