bradmasterOCcal profile image 78

How have Supreme Court Decisions actually resolved the underlying issues of the case?

The Supreme Court hears issues that are of great concern, and couldn't be resolved at the courts below them. The question is did the SC when he heard the case and made a decision on it, did it resolve the issue, or did it just make a decision of law. For example, Roe v Wade was decided by the SC in 1974, and it is still an issue today. This suggests that the SC decision didn't really Resolve the issue of Abortion, it just made a decision that is now the law of the land. And are 5-4 decisions evidence that the issue wasn't resolved, as four of the justices couldn't agree?

RonElFran profile image95

Best Answer Ronald E Franklin (RonElFran) says

• bradmasterOCcal profile image

bradmasterOCcal 22 months ago

Ronald

You comment was not only brilliant, but it was eloquent. I can't see a better answer, so I gave this the best answer.

My Esoteric profile image88

My Esoteric says

• bradmasterOCcal profile image

bradmasterOCcal 22 months ago

Welcome

I have to disagree, but you knew that.

A decision settles the law, but it is not the same as resolving the issue. King Solomon is an example of resolving an issue.