MarieLB profile image 82

How is it that Americans cannot see that more guns can only bring more deaths?

This year alone, there were at least 352 mass shootings. 995 within the last 3 years. From the beginning of 2013, there were 1260 persons killed and 3606 injured. Bad begets bad. Everyone carries a gun, and anyone is likely to use it. The more it is used, the more it becomes "the norm". The shoot first and ask questions later becomes commonplace. What a frightening place to live and laugh and love in!

alancaster149 profile image83

Best Answer Alan R Lancaster (alancaster149) says

• MarieLB profile image

Beams Mlb (MarieLB) 23 months ago

You are correct Alan, and we can never eliminate any chance of gun killings. Maybe a more careful check of gun-ownership would minimize the deaths, just as control of cars, sharp tools and poisons minimize abuse of these. Thank you for joining us.

wilderness profile image97

Dan Harmon (wilderness) says

• MarieLB profile image

Beams Mlb (MarieLB) 23 months ago

Hi Dan Harmon, Thank you so much for joining in the discussion. I could not respond earlier as my desktop died & my laptop is out on loan. Pls check some 0f my sources, which led me to the question. Many killings are perpetrated by one-time ki

MarieLB profile image82

Beams Mlb (MarieLB) says

• MarieLB profile image

Beams Mlb (MarieLB) 23 months ago

Thank u ALL for making this such an interesting discussion. It is the variety of views that make it interesting. Wish I could respond to each, but so many times there is no space to do so. I hope weget some more views too.

Michaela Osiecki profile image81

Michaela (Michaela Osiecki) says

• alancaster149 profile image

Alan R Lancaster (alancaster149) 24 months ago

We have trigger-happy cops in this part of the world as well, down to the nature of crime here. In London, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol there are gangs as in US cities. Drugs, people-smuggling and robbery etc thrive on unemployment.

Kathleen Cochran profile image83

Kathleen Cochran says

• MarieLB profile image

Beams Mlb (MarieLB) 24 months ago

Thank you for commenting, Kathleen Cochran. It is my fear that familiarity of guns will breed contempt of the danger they could generate for criminals and also for those innocent.

bradmasterOCcal profile image60

bradmasterOCcal says

• Zelkiiro profile image

Zelkiiro 24 months ago

Yeah, gun bans won't do anything, which is why Japan is a smoking crater due to all of its criminals running wild shooting people! Oh, wait...