Kylyssa profile image 95

Is it bullying to believe people when they claim their actions come from their religious beliefs?

If someone does something utterly horrible, claiming it's due to his specific set of religious beliefs, is it bullying to believe him, to try to find out which specific beliefs caused the action, and to try to discourage other people from believing in or acting on that particular part of a religious belief? Here are some examples of activities the perpetrators of which have attributed to their religious beliefs: * Murdering gay people * Flying planes into buildings * Stoning rape victims to death * Abusing children * Shooting people who look Islamic * Shooting up public places

Say Yes To Life profile image87

Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 19 months ago

Thanks for your answer. I did a poor job of asking the question so I didn't get across what I was trying to. When I figure out how to make it make sense in 100 characters, I'll be back to ask it better.

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 19 months ago

Thank you for your input. I didn't phrase this question clearly enough to get across what I was trying to. Your answer is great; my question kind of sucks.

• Kylyssa profile image

Kylyssa Shay (Kylyssa) 19 months ago

On reading my question and the responses, I can see I did a poor job of asking my question clearly. Thank you for answering the poor phrased thing.