MarieLB profile image 83

Can you help me to be comfortable with small talk at a gathering of people I do not know?

From time to time I have to attend to seminars and during the break we tend to mingle. A number of people all interested in the same subject, but having nothing much else in common. Give me something I am passionate about and I will talk endlessly. But just making small talk with others I am not familiar with. . . . .I ask 2-3 questions then I dry up. Help!

Kathleen Cochran profile image82

Best Answer Kathleen Cochran says

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

I tend to shrink from asking too many questions, but your reply give me courage to keep at it. Thanks you Kathleen Cochran.

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

Peachy, you've hit the nail on the head. Seems to me that if I follow your advice, I simply cannot fail. Thank you.

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

Thank you Dashing Scorpio for your interesting reply. Looks like you've long mastered that kind of situation. You sound so calm, cool and collected. Wonder whether I will ever be! LOL!!

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

Lucky you Tim. Seems you have the situation all stitched up. I never did read that famous Dale Carnegie book. Methinks I need to. Thanks for stopping by.

MarieLB profile image83

MarieLB says

connorj profile image75

John Connor (connorj) says

• MarieLB profile image

MarieLB 22 months ago

John Connor, You're right of course. Listening is so important. it sounds so simple when you put it that way, doesn't it?

Thank you for taking the time.