LoliHey profile image 60

If reparations are paid to descendants of slaves in the US, who pays and how much?

Will all white people today be forced to pay higher taxes or something to compensate for these reparations, for something they did not do? Where would this money come from? Do we not have welfare programs, Affirmative Action, and other programs in place to help people? If your family came over from Europe in the early 1900s and did not own slaves, should you be forced to pay? The North was against slavery, so should the South (descendants of slave owners) pay? What about the Native Americans who were forced from their land, or the Irish who were made slaves? Do they get reparations?

SweaterSpud profile image76

SweaterSpud says

bradmasterOCcal profile image64

bradmasterOCcal says

Michaela Osiecki profile image80

Michaela (Michaela Osiecki) says

• LoliHey profile image

Lolita Monroe (LoliHey) 20 months ago

Would you be willing to have part of your paycheck deducted to pay those reparations? I don't know about you, but I am scraping by as it is. Can't imagine any being taking to of my paycheck for something I would have been opposed had I lived then.