I am a bit confused about delegates in an election. Can anyone clarify?

I know that each candidate running for president has delegates and when I went to vote there were quite a bit to vote for under my choice for president. How are these delegates chosen initially? I know they go in the summer and cast a vote for the state that voted for them, but I am still a bit confused about the whole process and exactly what role the delegates play. Anyone else confused a bit? Thank you for taking the time to clarify.

Jackie Lynnley profile image92

Jackie Lynnley says

Faith Reaper 20 months ago

Oh, yes, that helps a lot to clarify! It does seem people are being paid to do nothing. Well, you understand it a lot better than I do. I agree about what you are saying about funding.

Faith Reaper 20 months ago

Oh, that makes perfect sense and thank you, Tamara, for the history lesson.