jackclee lm profile image 80

Why are certain States in the Democratic column regardless who is running? NY, CA for example.

This was not the case in years past. Why some States are entrenched in one party or the other? I remember back in 1984, Ronald Reagan won 49 of 50 States in his second term. Since when we started voting by party line instead of the candidate and his or her policies? I am from a blue State and no matter what I do at the ballot box, it seems to not matter. I still go to vote since it is the only voice I have. I am curious why. Is it the local party machine that controls the election cycles and shape the electorate? Why most incumbents are reelected year after year by over 90%?

bradmasterOCcal profile image45

bradmasterOCcal says

Old Poolman says

• jackclee lm profile image

Jack Lee (jackclee lm) 20 months ago

I agree with you. One of the things I proposed to fix our electoral process is to hold all primaries on the same day. Thanks for a detailed and thoughtful response.