Austinstar profile image 77

What do A/As* say or ask that cause people to think that they are "mocking god"?

*A/As = Atheists/Agnostics - God = ANY god (Christian/Muslim/Hindu, etc.) This is for a hub. Only free thought answers will be considered, but there will be a prize for the best answer! No copy/pasting, No hate speech, Must adhere to the TOU of HP. Do you think it's OK to question the logic and dogma of any religion?

Say Yes To Life profile image86

Best Answer Yoleen Lucas (Say Yes To Life) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 11 months ago

I fear you are correct. In my opinion, we must get rid of the fear in order to change the world. I wish some religions would dismiss preaching about hell and evil and sin. Rather they should focus on life and being good people.

gmwilliams profile image82

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 11 months ago

If A/As are a threat, then they already have doubts. I am wondering why religionists cannot give up their doubts and start to find true answers. You have given me some things to think about here. Thank you.

jonnycomelately profile image86

Alan (jonnycomelately) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 11 months ago

Yes, there is a chasm of deep opinions regarding religion. But to brand A/As as "evil" or as "mocking their beliefs" is wrong. We simply question the validity of a god or gods. Have you heard of "Ignostics"? Interesting theory by Titen Sxull.

LoliHey profile image80

Lolita Monroe (LoliHey) says

• Austinstar profile image

Austinstar 11 months ago

Yes, it is OK to question religion. It is the only way to discover the validity and authority of a god or gods. It should never be considered to be "mocking". It is simply searching for answers.