jlpark profile image 90

Why have Trans Bathroom Bill supporters overlooked this glaringly obvious flaw?

Those who are in favour of this bill seem to be focused on the fact that predators could claim to be a transwoman to gain access to the ladies restroom. Aside from the fact that a gender sign has never stopped a predator EVER, they seem to have overlooked one flaw in their reasoning. THIS - transmen (born female) will be forced to use the ladies room - very masculine looking men. This will actually make it EASIER not harder for predators to gain entry - by claiming to be a trans man. Why have they not seen this gaping flaw in their reasoning?

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 12 months ago

Thanks for your opinion, Paula. Believe me, I'm against this bill - I'm of the 'pee in which room fits yr identity' camp. I just found those who aren't haven't thought this law through - and maybe pointing that out will make them rethink things.

Austinstar profile image79

Austinstar says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 12 months ago

I'm with you. I'm also disgusted at what the rest of this law brings through - removal of discrimination protections of LGBT in housing, employment etc - the drama surrounding the trans part of it has hidden the rest of its awfulness.

gmwilliams profile image82

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 12 months ago

Exactly. It just struck me that while worrying about predators using the lack of a law, they hadn't thought it through and seen that a law would make it easier. I'm with u - Transwomen are women, transmen are men. Just let them pee!

Old-Empresario profile image61

Old-Empresario says

• jlpark profile image

Jacqui (jlpark) 12 months ago

It is medically accepted, + scientifically proven, that trans people exist + how/why. The solution to their 'health issue' is rectifying their outer gender to match their inner gender - not vice versa (which is more detrimental).