threekeys profile image 83

"Give a man a match and he's warm for a minute. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of...

his life. Could we prevent big businees conglomerations from forming and spreading business niches to mum and dad businesses by adopting the above formula. That is dont make your Customer dependent on you. Give them the tools to enable themselves. Is that workable? Then again each of of us have our own strengths and weaknesses. Maybe we don't want to do it all? I know Im seeing busineses that sell the idea "we are giving you more choices" when all it means they have complicated my life in making x100 more decisions daily in just having to get one or two things done. Do you know what I mean?

jackclee lm profile image81

Jack Lee (jackclee lm) says

• threekeys profile image

Threekeys 18 months ago

Hi Jack. Yes that quote is an adaptation of the quote you cited...its all about balance isn't it?...that is about balanced freedom through having choice.

I see what you are saying Jack.

bradmasterOCcal profile image49

bradmasterOCcal says

• threekeys profile image

Threekeys 18 months ago

Yes...I have to "get" it that it doesn't serve the people in power to have a nation of self reliant people otherwise they just may not be the people in rule. Then we all need to improve our negotiating skills to enable each other to get ahead.