Mr. Happy profile image 82

I am watching a debate happening in Britain about it leaving the European Union, or staying in it.

At one point one of the panelists said: "I live in the greatest country on Earth..." speaking about Britain and I thought: "I heard Canadian politicians say that". I also heard many politicians from the United States saying they live in the greatest country on the planet. So, we can't all be living in the greatest country on Earth - who's lying? Or, an even more important question in my opinion is: how does it help to state that You, or I live in the "greatest country in the world"? Is this not a bit like the children arguing at the playground that their dad is the strongest?

tirelesstraveler profile image87

Judy Specht (tirelesstraveler) says

• Mr. Happy profile image

Mr. Happy 10 months ago

Thank You for your answer. I hold dual citizenship so, I don't have a "best country".

amillar profile image81

amillar says

• Mr. Happy profile image

Mr. Happy 10 months ago

Democracy is a good value to protect and Brussels needs serious reforming but I am not getting into that now lol Thank You for your answer. Cheers! : )

Aime F profile image83

Aime (Aime F) says

• Mr. Happy profile image

Mr. Happy 10 months ago

Thank You for your answer. I also live in Canada and think it is an amazing country but I was born and raised in Romania and I think that is also an amazing country. So, I don't have a "greatest country". Both citizenships I have I am grateful for.

bradmasterOCcal profile image82

bradmasterOCcal says