savvydating profile image 81

Is Ted Cruz more of a jerk than an effective statesman? Why or why not? What is your opinion of him?

Cruz is apparently hated by many in his own Party. Is he a mere opportunist or is he a patriot? The words of Franklin Roosevelt come to mind: "They are unanimous in their hate for me—and I welcome their hatred." There is no doubt that Cruz seems to think similarly. Can Cruz ever be truly effective as a statesman or is he too arrogant, as many of his peers believe? What is your take on Senator Ted Cruz?

faith-hope-love profile image79

John Ward (faith-hope-love) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 12 months ago

I hadn't thought about the irony angle. I'm glad you mentioned it, John. It's actually refreshing to hear something nice about Ted Cruz for a change.

bradmasterOCcal profile image79

bradmasterOCcal says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 12 months ago

And we should take your opinion because????

Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60

Banned cause of pissants promisem and deantraylor (Dont Taze Me Bro) says

• savvydating profile image

savvydating 12 months ago

I appreciate your explanation, Don't Taze Me. I have mixed emotions about Cruz. I didn't initially see Cruz's speech as a snub, but maybe that's just what it was. Notwithstanding, Cruz's speech was awesome. Thanks for your answer! Makes sense.

dianetrotter profile image80

G. Diane Nelson Trotter (dianetrotter) says

• Dont Taze Me Bro profile image

Banned cause of pissants promisem and deantraylor (Dont Taze Me Bro) 12 months ago

Are you saying you'd vote for crooked Hillary for president? You'd vote for the Democrat, the party that boos at prayer and wanted reference to God taken out of their platform in 2012?