My friend got caught shoplifting, what should she expect?

heres the story: about 4 months ago, my friend and I were both at sephora and she stole worth about $50 of items. one security guard stopped us and brought us to a hall and questioned why she stole. the only thing he asked for was age and ID. since she is a minor (14 years old) she showed him her gocard and that was all. the security guard did not ask for address, name, and didnt even call the parents! I was just wondering if we were in any trouble. we live in Canada as well. any help is appreciated!

Alessio Ganci profile image82

Alessio Ganci says

Shoplifting: What Happens If You Get Caught by Security Guards?82

Shoplifting: What Happens If You Get Caught by Security Guards?

so many regrets says

• Jay Young1 profile image

Jay Young (Jay Young1) 14 months ago

Not an attorney, but, I do have some experiance here. NO, to your question, " will it show in background checks or criminal records even if the police were not involved?"