The "equal pay" myth has been debunked many times except by feminists who want to uphold it.
If women work equal hours in the exact same jobs with the same amount of experience, they make as much money.
Liberals ignore facts like:
* unskilled women work in retail and childcare and service while unskilled men do more physically demanding work like construction and landscaping, so they are paid more for the physical effort
* men at all education levels are more likely to do dangerous work, from mining to forestry, and they get paid more as a result
* women are more likely to take time off their careers to have children or shift to part time, so they don't have as much experience on average as men
* women are more likely than men to work part time, with or without children, and it would be immoral to pay the woman working 30 hours the same flat rate as a man who works 50
* women are less likely to work overtime than men even when given the chance; this actually causes part of the doctor shortage where female doctors rarely work more than 40 whereas the men more often work 60-70 hours a week