Perspycacious profile image 81

If we don't aspire to the seemingly impossible BEST, what should we aspire to?

"Hitch your wagon to a star, keep your seat and there you are." An expression not commonly heard in these days of "instant gratification." Given that seemingly national trait, should we only aspire to the immediately doable? By so doing, are we ignoring the excellence which has made us so strong in the past? I once was sent the Comment that what I proposed in one of my Hubs was so "ideal" as to be impossible. Should I not have proposed it? We say we want what is best for everyone." We know that is so utopian as to be unlikely, but if we want that shouldn't we aspire to that? Good enough?

• Perspycacious profile image

Demas W Jasper (Perspycacious) 10 months ago

A new ter for me! Thomas Costain gave me the previous most recent one: mizzle.

naturalhealthchat profile image74

Susanne Morrone, B.S., C.N.C., LMT (naturalhealthchat) says

• Perspycacious profile image

Good, clear focus, but does that mean you are a "Perfectionist"? Does everything have an equal priority? Certainly not, and some things may deserve less attention at a given time, or even less effort. Duty to others helps decide, then to self.