Ericdierker profile image 77

Is it socially illegal for me to truly respect and in a way love Obama, and truly respect Trump?

I have been in some tough scrapes. And I have shaken at least seven leaders(Presidents from foreign countries and our own) Perhaps Valéry Giscard d'Estaing was most memorable as Kissinger was shook my hand next -- and I see him influencing Nixon out of Vietnam. Yes I respect NIxon for saving some brothers. Clinton is and will always be epic and will be Reagan. Roosevelt was handicapped. Salinas down Mexico way was strange as his mom seemed to tell him what to do. Tr?n ??c L??ng of Vietnam was just so brave and yet friendly. Did someone say that I am equal to any? Can I judge them? I respect.

Alphadogg16 profile image89

Kevin W (Alphadogg16) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 7 months ago

Kevin that sounds reasonable. And I think we can make some kind of determination in a year. You do realize that you would basically need the information he gets in order judge him and not what media tells us.

Mel Carriere profile image90

Mel Carriere says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 7 months ago

True Story - Mel. I read this and immediately felt a little uneasy that you take such a rational clear thinking approach. I reckon I have just come to expect vitriolic nastiness these days. Could you have to many supervisors? Just saying.

faith-hope-love profile image81

John Ward (faith-hope-love) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 6 months ago

Thanks for your comment John. I am not a good one to ask about popular verses states rights. I come from a non-populated state. And I don't want New Yorkers telling me what is right on my ranch. I am a fan of the electoral college and rural rights.

cam8510 profile image93

Chris Mills (cam8510) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 7 months ago

Chris, I got goosebumps reading this. I met a man in Sedona Arizona, who had performed for presidents. He was oft misquoted. But but he said, in that Art Barn, who had seen Lucy, Mae, and John Wayne, that he never met a man (more later)

blueheron profile image97

Sharon Vile (blueheron) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 7 months ago

A very interesting answer. No none has ever told me I seem that way before. I think I would feel very safe having a 100% Black and White understanding of everything. Crony-capitalists is a very interesting concept masquerading as a fact. Thank you.

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 7 months ago

Tim that is a very cool answer. We have this notion in my Christian social circle. It is about loving one's enemy. This causes some muddying of the water. But for sure we can dislike the idea and like the man. Cognitive dissonance shifts truth here.

Rock_nj profile image90

John Coviello (Rock_nj) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 6 months ago

John you must read The Lost Mandate of Heaven. It is about the betrayal of Diem. Of course this is an area of great interest in my home with a Vietnamese immigrant mom and wife.The area of study takes time and effort. Father in law jumped with Ranger

Jameia Alves says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 6 months ago

That is really a good course to follow. I tend to like men of power who succeed. Maybe it is a daddy complex thing. All these folks saying they like him as a man is interesting. Hmm I seem to like men of action even if I do not like the action.

DougClifton profile image76

Larry Douglas Clifton (DougClifton) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 6 months ago

Larry I find the intolerance of the "other" side's intolerance to be a favorite of mine. It is interesting that you feel the need to throw a right jab at the end of your answer. Just interesting.

PeterStip profile image70

PeterStip says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 6 months ago

Clearly Peter, we cannot ever automatically respect someone. We must respect the office but not who sits there. There is a book called Honest to God -- two shrinks going back and forth about the type of honesty. Almost Trump v. Obama.

east-west pro profile image63

east-west pro says

Misfit Chick profile image92

Catherine Mostly (Misfit Chick) says

• Alternative Prime profile image

Alternative Prime 6 months ago

Well MC, U might not need 2 ENDURE the most Unfit, Unhinged DANGEROUS Meglomaniac in U.S. HISTORY named Donald Drumpf 4 much longer ~ VEGAS Odds ?? 4-1 he Lasts 6 MONTHs ~ Growing MASSIVE Protests & LAW Suits Against him have just begun

asifahsankhan profile image60

asifahsankhan says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 6 months ago

Thank you. I wonder if the notion that "my guy can do no wrong" and "your guy can not do anything right" came from teachers. What I can recall is that in our history classes -- one guy was a hero and the other guy a villain. ? Cochise?

Mykhail profile image61

Joshua Barnett (Mykhail) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 6 months ago

I like that Joshua, thank you. We humans seem to need to anthropomorphize or dehumanize depending on what I am not sure. The idea of some kind of devil that has a human body makes me shake my head. Same with "he is good" or "he is bad".

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 6 months ago

I wonder Tamara if we are called at all to even try to fathom the words of some people. Somehow in so many there seems to be a disconnect between thought and speech. If one does not listen how does one here. And so should we listen to those who don't