Ericdierker profile image 79

Is this palatable to most Christians? Pope: I'll judge Trump after we see what he does.

Perhaps I read this quote out of context but could find no Vatican context to put it in. I am a great proponent that we all use judgment every day and prohibitions don't mean the day to day judgment. But there is no question here, the Pope is talking full judgment. His judgement as the successor to Simon Peter. The Pope did not even do that with Hitler or Mussolini. We love this Pope but he has seriously stumbled in the are of vainglory. He should repent. Or do you think it is justified to treat a US president worse than Stalin and Pol Pot? This Pope has major Catechism issues.

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 months ago

Tamara I take a different position in this matter. I really, for this notion, do not give a pebble of sand what someone does of does not do. A Christian must never make love conditional. Judgment based on a condition is wrong. Departure from Christ.

Old-Empresario profile image60

Old-Empresario says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 months ago

A valid point but us Christians are really not to judge others righteousness or their morality. Judging if he dresses right or if they drive too fast is normal and fine. But clearly that is not what the Holy See is talking about. Character?

faith-hope-love profile image80

John Ward (faith-hope-love) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 months ago

John you are saying what the Pope did not say. The quote is in the question. He did not modify it with "president". Are you saying the Pope gets to do the capital "Judge" on anyone? Liking these two is irrelevant.

Kathleen Cochran profile image85

Kathleen Cochran says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 months ago

Two interesting points Kathleen. The Pope gets to "Judge" as a person. And the qualifications for POTUS requires precedent political position.

I do not do not think the pope gets to talk of his personal. And I think in some ways prior position hurts

galleryofgrace profile image82

galleryofgrace says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 months ago

I am a champion that we all judge. Driving a car, temperature of water, stepping off a curb. But the Holy See speaks of judgment - wrong word or political word it is very scary. Putin affected the election bad -- the Holy See affects it OK?