Ericdierker profile image 76

Is arguing good? I have a friend or two that put out passive aggressive stuff but demand peacefulnes

What is this with folks who say they only peace or only love but repost things that are only antagonistic. They do not proclaim their views and seem to be neutral but they repost totally biased stuff. I think we should show clearly and state clearly our bias and be proud of it. This notion of "I love love and peace" but then reposting divisive stuff is cowardice in my opinion. Attacking someone who opposes you is second to this position. Attacking someone for opposing antagonism is arrogance.

lambservant profile image94

Lori Colbo (lambservant) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 8 months ago

Lori, there is this wonderful American Rural idea that fits our ability to fend for ourselves in nature. And now folks use it for politics. "If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything". You stand for peace and tolerance, thank you.

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 8 months ago

You speak eloquently and make a case for hating that which is not in keeping with your understanding. I appreciate that. But you have kicked your heart of love to the curb. Man does not win battles. God does. Be careful that your hate....

threekeys profile image83

Threekeys says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 8 months ago

Marvelous treatment here ThreeKeys. Some arguments to me seem like someone brought a machine gun to a verbal fight. I am thinking that the biggest stumbling block to making an argument constructive rather that destructive is in the ego. Thanks.

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 8 months ago

I like your response Tim. Isn't it interesting that we call one of the greatest arguments for civil society and man an Apology - Socrates. I was also thinking of the arguing that goes on in between the ears.