wrenchBiscuit profile image 84

Why Do Americans Say Things Like "We Fought For Our Independence!" When They Were Never There?

I see this on Hubpages all the time. "We" this and "We" that in reference to the history of the United States. Huh? Are there really people still living today that participated in the Revolutionary War? The War of 1812? The Civil War? The last living WWI veteran died in 2012. So it appears that "We" didn't do anything at all in the past, but "They" most certainly did. And what did "They" do. They helped to commit genocide, steal an entire continent, destroy a culture and supplant it with a greedy capitalist oligarchy. It's remarkable that the "We" people want to take credit for all of that.

bradmasterOCcal profile image48

bradmasterOCcal says

• wrenchBiscuit profile image

Ronnie wrenchBiscuit (wrenchBiscuit) 9 months ago

I have never said "we" had anything to do with slavery. I have no opinion on an absurd position I have never taken. The progeny of thieves continue to profit from slavery. That is my position. You R entirely off topic, and I indicated who "we" R.

dianetrotter profile image72

G. Diane Nelson Trotter (dianetrotter) says

• wrenchBiscuit profile image

Hello Diane, I'm not quite sure who you are referring to.