Ericdierker profile image 73

Is being in the Climate Accord good? Is our stock market going up good? Trade offs good?

Not a news report and not an expert saying this; News of pulling out of the accord and the stock market shot up to all time highs. The stock market is the primary investment for retired seniors to make their retirement fund last. Stock market doing well means more jobs. I wonder if the kids from Watts looking for a job cares about the accord. I doubt that the father of three looking for a job cares about the accord. Of course countries are pissed off they expected us to pay for it. Can someone be an environmentalist and still love people more?

gregas profile image80

Greg Schweizer (gregas) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 5 months ago

Greg In 80" I lived on bluffs above Pacific. Penatuba was a Volcano in the Philippines and another hit like near the Arctic- Greenland maybe. Our temperature that summer was Ave 5 degree colder,blocked sun rays from ash. Just like the movie So. Pac.

The0NatureBoy profile image53

Elijah A Alexander Jr (The0NatureBoy) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 5 months ago

A fun one Elijah. The hotter it gets the more water on the surface. The more water on the surface the more evaporation meaning more cloud cover and a cooler earth. Can we say cyclical?

I hope there is no one who wants to interfere with that.

jackclee lm profile image82

Jack Lee (jackclee lm) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 5 months ago

Jack I have hiked where within 1,000 feet you can see billions of years of sediment and metamorphic activity. Some - within 5 inches are 5 layers making clear 5 receding and increasing sea levels like 100 miles worth. Change - hell yes!