shanmarie profile image 64

What is your opinion about the "bathroom debate"?

Today we stopped at a coffee house because my 7-year-old son had to use the bathroom right away. But when he went to the restrooms he just stood there looking confused. Both doors had a male and a female sign in them. He didn't know which one to use! So personally, I have better things to worry about, but this is getting ridiculous. Kids are taught from early childhood in public and in school where to use the bathroom only to be confused about it now. It would be funny if he wasn't genuinely upset about it.

Aime F profile image83

Aime (Aime F) says

2 weeks ago
  • shanmarie profile image

Shannon (shanmarie) 2 weeks ago

Ha! Shhhh, don't tell anyone....But I have been known to dodge a line a time or two when I really just had to go and used the men's room, assuming it was one room with one toilet and not the stalls and urinal setup. LOL. I'm good with gender neutral.

lisavollrath profile image94

Lisa Vollrath (lisavollrath) says

2 weeks ago
  • shanmarie profile image

Shannon (shanmarie) 2 weeks ago

A place to pre...exactly! Too mich fuss over the issue. And, yes, we did explain that to him. It just made me stop and think again about how there's too much fuss over something that could easily be so much less of an issue.

MizBejabbers says

2 weeks ago
  • shanmarie profile image

Shannon (shanmarie) 2 weeks ago

That's funny, but I agree with you! Yes, that's what he saw. Used to be one for men and one for women and then they changed it so they were both for either gender. An easy explanation to him, but just made me think about all the unnecessary fuss.

Austinstar profile image82

Austinstar says

2 weeks ago
  • shanmarie profile image

Shannon (shanmarie) 2 weeks ago

Excellent questions. I've also wondered if it has been more a stupid political debate than anything most citizens (including transgender) are concerned about.