gregas profile image 80

DACA was only supposed to be a temporary solution originated by Obama. Why did anyone living under

DACA never take the initiative to apply for US citizenship? They had plenty of time and now they are crying. I would just like to know why they didn't move in that direction.

Readmikenow profile image95

Readmikenow says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 months ago

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed her immigration process. I know that is weird but we just looked at it as a great big privilege and honor. OTOH she only married me to get citizenship 15 years ago ;-)

jackclee lm profile image81

Jack Lee (jackclee lm) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 months ago

It sure seems that Trump is getting this idea and floating ways to get them off of their butts. So weird how the congress acted like this under Obama and seem to be addicted to obstructionism. Maybe the polls are a root cause.

• Misfit Chick profile image

Catherine Mostly (Misfit Chick) 2 months ago

Judgmental, much? Again, it isn't as simple as heading to the nearest immigration office. The reason why politicians keep trying to push the Dream Act thru is bcuz it is PROFITABLE for the US to maintain a good-sized, cheap migrant work force.

Misfit Chick profile image72

Catherine Mostly (Misfit Chick) says

• gregas profile image

Greg Schweizer (gregas) 2 months ago

Actually, the question I am asking is, why these individuals didn't take the initiative to become a citizen. That was their responsibility. This is the blame of the left or right. I can't see that they didn't have the choice.

Rock_nj profile image92

John Coviello (Rock_nj) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 months ago

The more you look into this the more you wonder about why Obama did not provide a legal status for DACA members. From what I can tell he already went outside the law - so why not do it right.

Johnny James A profile image80

James (Johnny James A) says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 2 months ago

Here is one exception to every thing stated above:

Here is one way to get it done. Use your right to exit and then re-enter (advanced parole) and have a sponsoring relative.

4 answers hidden due to negative feedback. Show