Shelah profile image 59

Do you think the Northern States put forth enough effort to help the slaves after they were...

granted freedom? I don't. I think that is why to this day you see undereducated, poverty stricken, societies that are barely able to eat. My grandfather felt as a slave, he was cared for, loved, and never wanted for anything. When granted his freedom he was lucky enough to be given a last name and land from his former owner. But I think that more should have been done to help these people transition. The North took away slavery, but what did they do to help the South support these people and empower them to a place of true equality? Business closed down because of lack of funds for workforce.

Shelah profile image59

Shelah says

dabeaner profile image60

dabeaner says