Kill all the lawyers... who can argue with Shakespeare?
This is a great question... the biggest problem is nationalism and corrupt politicians. This will never be solved unless we all start living by the words of John Lennon in Imagine...
For starters I think we need to do the following:
1) Establish a viable state for the Palestinians with full access to their holy sites in Jeruseleam
2) Make peace with Iran and North Korea
3) The United States must stop playing favorites on the international scene (i.e. unconditional love for Israel; ignoring human rights abuses in China while scolding others)
4) A shift to renewable energy sources so the power that is vested in the countries of OPEC are somewhat diluted.
5) A universal adherence to International law and the Geneva Convention
6) Uniform standards for the treatement of workers (wages, safety etc) around the globe so manufacturing opportunities wil exist for all countries
Some of these things I say are merely declarations and may be naive but we must solve the hot spots so we can move forward. The United States in particular must regain the image of morality so the man on the street in the Islamic countries cannot so easily be swayed by the bin laden's of the world. We must have clear missions and be uniform in our objections.