- Politics and Social Issues
Biodegradable Dog and Cat Poo Bags
An Earth Friendly Alternative to Plastic, These Biodegradable Dog and Cat Poo Bags Rock!
Going biodegradable for your disposable plastic sources is more important now than ever. With these biodegradable dog and cat poo bags, you can rest assured that the plastic will decompose in around 6 months after use, instead of thousands and thousands of years. Traditional plastic will be around forever, but these won't be. Alleviate some of the bulk you contribute to landfills, save wildlife while you're at it! These bags also conveniently can be tied off at the top to securely seal in the stink of cat litter box droppings or to take with you when you take your dog for a walk.
These bags are minimally packaged to be even greener. And, guess what? They use 65% less energy to make these bags, and emit 68% less than conventional bags. By supporting biodegradable corn products, you're helping not only the environment, but you're spreading the word on this product. Someday, maybe we'll all be using corn plastic trash bags instead of the thick, toxic plastic versions!
Photo of boxer by nicadlr on flickr.
They're Great for Cat Litter Biodegradable Bags, Too!
Now you can even green up your cat box litter waste with these bags! Scoop, throw it in, tie it off.
1. They're biodegradable, which means they have less of an impact on the environment. They'll biodegrade in six months once litter is added to the bag. Don't worry, they won't rot in your cabinet, just when trash/litter is added.
2. There's less of a chance animals will suffocate on these bags, since they won't be around anywhere near as long. Six months later, no more bag!
3. Wildlife also won't die or get deathly sick from ingesting shards of the bag. It's made of the new corn plastic technology, so it breaks down and is non-toxic.
4. These are convenient! Bring some with you to walk your dog, to scoop litter, and throw it out.
5. They can be reused! Put more than one poop in a bag if you have cats or small dogs. Just untie, and put it in.
6. They seal in the smell. The smell doesn't get out of these bags! They also aren't treated with chemical scents.
7. If you have a real stinker on your hands, you can get a bag out, tie it off, and throw it away outside if the smell is getting gross.
8. You can reorder more online from Chartreuse and have them shipped to your home!
9. You're supporting a small company that believes in keeping our environment green.
10. It's easy to keep a pack of these in the car so you'll have them on-hand all the time. They're small and don't take up much room.
Cat photo by anderoo on flickr. Creative Commons license 2.0.
A Reminder of Why We Need Biodegradable Bags - Don't contribute more than you have to to the landfills of the world!
To shop for these or other products,
simply click here and then click "shop for products" to view everything. Use the coupon code THEGREENERME to save 5% on your online purchase!
Do you make an effort to use reusable items instead of disposable plasticware (like plastic cups and paper?)
Some of my Favorite Books on Going Green - Books I personally recommend on leading a greener lifestlye
Wish List Item: Backyard Food Scrap Composter - Compost your food scraps instead of throwing them away!
This is one project I have yet to take on, but would like to in the future. Currently, I try to reuse coffee grinds, but other food scraps get thrown away. A composter can help reduce the amount of things that end up in a landfill, and they're very easy to set up.
Go green with organic, reusable and biodegradable products from Chartreuse!
Pamper Your Pets with Organic Bedding! - Going organic..it's not just for humans any more!
Sure, we all love organic bedding, pillows, towels, clothing and food...but what about our pets? Why not pamper them with the finest in organic bedding?