Rude Cell Phone Users | Cell Phone Etiquette
Do Rude Cellphone Users Irritate You?
One of the things that irritates me is people who are rude with their cell phone. I have had the pleasure of shopping for groceries while an other customer was talking on her cell phone the entire time. As she talked very loudly, I was forced to hear all about how her husband is a jerk and I also know all about her financial problems as well as what she is planning on doing over the weekend.
I felt so annoyed the entire time I was shopping. I wanted to ask her to please, just shut up. Then to top it off, when I went up to check out who do you think was in line in front of me? Yes, it was her again. She was on the phone the entire time the cashier checked her out. I was hoping the cashier would skip her completely.
Are Cell Phones Really Bringing Us Closer Together?
Cell phones were supposed to bring people closer together and make it easier to connect. Somehow I think it is pushing people away.
Cell phones are a great way to touch base with friends and family throughout the day and is good to have in case of an emergency. But be careful you don't become that rude "cell phone lady".
Take some time to really connect with the people around you. Face to face talking can be really nice as well.
How to Not be Rude while using a Cell Phone - 6 Steps to Cell phone Etiquette
- Don't Yell when speaking on the cell phone in a public place. With today's technology you should be able to speak normally in order to be heard. If you find that you can't hear the person on the phone, then you should move into a quieter place.
- Do NOT talk on the phone if you are in the middle of a "face to face" conversation. Very simply this is just rude. Let the call go to voice mail and then after you are finished with your "face to face" conversation you can return the call.
- Do not talk when you are at a store making a purchase. It is common courtesy to give the cashier or waitress your full attention while you are paying for your items. If the cashier has to wait for you to finish your phone conversation before he or she can collect your payment, then you are probably holding up the line and irritating people behind you.
- Don't Conduct non-essential calls in close quarters like restaurants, checkout lines or elevators. It can be annoying to the people around you.
- Don't Text and Drive. Now this is just a no brainer and in many states it is the law. Be safe and respect the lives of others.
- Do not have a loud and annoying ring tone.
I Love This Sign!!!
"Stay Off Your Cell Phone While In Line"
Don't you hate it when someone who is on the cell phone is holding the entire line? I would love it if I could send that person to the end of the line.
This should be a rule at all fast food restaurants as well as lines at the grocery store and anyplace where you need to deal with a cashier.
Cell Phone Etiquette Rules
Book About Phone Etiquette
This is a humorous book written by a Mom. And some of the suggestions make total sense, yet you would be surprised what people do. This book would make a great gift for someone who is getting their first cell phone.