- Politics and Social Issues
Come To Majestic Himalayas at Annapurna Conservation Area Project ACAP Nepal
An Innovative Nature Preserve
Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) is an innovative nature preserve in Nepal.
Kali Gandaki is one of the deepest valleys in the world. This valley forms the western boundary of ACAP. It's a place to visit if walking, biking, and visiting with dazzling nature is part of your conservation passion and travel.
Two Nepal Villages to Know at ACAP Entry Points --Ghandruk and Chomrong
ACAP is still is developing from formative stage. There are 2 villages in the 310 mile around the Annuparana range.
These are villages of Ghandruk and Chomrong, around the area known as the Santurary. World Wildlife Fund's Asia Pacific Program and Nepal's King Mahendra Trust has worked together to develop the Santury's mission/vision and actionable. Active participation of the local inhabitants is a key element of ACAP. ***
Rustic Inns at ACAP Sanctuary with Twin Village Base Camp
Majority of ecotravelers in Nepal visit Annapurna region.
The area is easily accessible, guest houses in the hills are plentiful, and treks here offer incredibly diverse scenery, with both high mountains and lowland villages. Also, because the entire area is inhabited, trekking in the region offers unique cultural exposure and experience.
For Trekkers and Hikers In Search of Heritage and Nature Inspired
For people of Hindu and Buddhist faiths, sacred shrines of muktinath is located within ACAP. For centuries pilgrims have come these sacred shrines as one of the most holy of pilgrimage places. Legends says founder of Tibetian Buddhism, Guru Rinpoche had meditated at Muctinath Temple on his way to Tibet in 800 AD.
The Hindus call the sacred place Mukti Kshetra, means the "place of salvation". Mainly the temple is with a predominant Sri Vaishnava origin and worshipped by Buddhists.
The Buddhists call it Chumig Gyatsa, which in Tibetan means 'Hundred Waters'.
On The Road to Santuary On Mountain Top
The waterway downstream from Muktinath along Kali Gandaki is the source of all Silas (holy water) that are required to establish a temple of Vishnu anywhere in the world. It is considered to be one of the holiest places of pilgrimage of Hindus, Buddhists, and particularly Vaishnava Hindus
Access to Muktinath is difficult because of tough weather conditions. One can fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara. From Pokhara to Jonnsom Airport. Then one can either trek all the way or take a jeep.
Photo GalleryClick thumbnail to view full-size
Some activities of ACAP are as follows
(01) Conservation of Resources: Forestry, wildlife habitat, renewable energy, others that strengthen local population health and well being.
(02) Community Development: improvement, maintenance and construction of schools, trails and bridges, general health and sanitation facilities with health and family planning clinics, adult literacy, extension of agro-forestry and agriculture through training, demonstrations and seeds distribution and other programs targeted to women, youth and socially and economically deprived people for their income generation)
Creation of safe drinking water to the local villagers and tourists in the Annapurna area.
(03) Tourism Management (with programs like formation of local lodge management committees with hotel and lodge management training for lodge operators, brochure and publicity materials
Some more activities of ACAP are as follows
(04) Conservation, Education and Extension
conservation education classes in schools with conservation awareness camps, indoor and outdoor conservation education centers
Creation of nurseries to sustain woodland
Education for efficient use of stoves
Creation of kerosene depots for fires to prevent the burning of wood
Creation of rubbish bins and toilet facilities
ACAP is a non-profit organization which is supported and sustained by various trusts and the fees collected from the tourists trekking in the Annapurna area. The money is utilized in many ways to maintain the two main objectives in the area of sustainability:
- CafÃ© Twin CTV Arts and Science Community Advisory Council
CafÃ© Twin CTV Arts and Science Community Advisory Council
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project ACAP Nepal
Intro and Links to Annapurna Conservation Area Project ACAP Nepal
Preserving Wild Life Habitats
Hikers On Road to Santurary On Mountain Top
Photo Gallery--A Nepal India Himalaya AlbumClick thumbnail to view full-size
Bikers On Road to Santuary
A Moment of Silence On Mountain Top
A Lodge to Rest on the Mountain Top
Cafe Twin CTV Conversations C2C Fairfax
- Cycling Tour Virginia__Joining Hands For Healthier Communities
Cycling Tour Virginia__Joining Hands For Healthier Communities
- CafÃ© Twin CTV Battle of the Bands Novadcmweb Healthier Community C2C
CafÃ© Twin CTV Battle of the Bands Novadcmweb Healthier Community C2C
Cafe Twin India America Friendship Circle--Welcome !
Welcome to Cafe Twin India America Frienship Circle
Cafetwin at Pinterest.com-- A bridge to Arts and Science for Quality Life Style Every Day. :
- 5 Things to KNow on India-The World's Largest Democracy
5 Things to KNow on India-The World's Largest Democracy
- Club Twin India America Friendship Circle
Club Twin India America Friendship Circle A Bridge to Arts & Science
Inspired By Nature__Cafe Twin - A Bridge to Arts & Science
Link List 03 AB__Follow Up Community to Community Links - Arts and Science Bridge
- Creativity Junction NOVA T
Creativity Junction NOVA T Welcome !