jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I do not agree with everything said on this forum and do not mean to be an alarm

1. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

I do not agree with everything said on this forum and do not mean to be an alarmist, but this is...

worth mention. Evidently a very large and unprecedented journery is about to be undertaken by the President and family and many planes full of VIP's--the timing is strange, as well as the scope of folks going in this caravan. I would like some intelligent insight into this and am wondering about this very curious undertaking.
    http://watchermeetup.50.forumer.com/vie … amp;t=7129
    Your thoughts - BTW - this is happening/has happened TODAY.

2. Queen of the Lint profile image74
    Queen of the Lintposted 7 years ago

I don't know about that, but for more information and more opinions on the subject, go to -

3. profile image0
    Amie Warrenposted 7 years ago

Maybe there has been a threat against the first family that the government feels is credible enough to get them out of the country. It's within the realm of possibility. He gets death threats every day.

4. colonial82 profile image58
    colonial82posted 7 years ago

I am sorry, but stuff like this goes around all the time is emails.  I haven't heard of this trip, but even if they were going so where, Presidents have ALWAYS gone on trips like this with these many people.  This is nothing special to this President compared to all the rest.  Plus, are you sending us to a "rapture" site?  I am a Christian, but I am tired of every couple years people start yelling the rapture is about to happen.  People, just live your lives and if the end comes, it comes.

Have a good day.

5. breathe2travel profile image81
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

Queen -
    Thank you for the reference.  After reading the articles - Diwali seems like a family holiday.  Article also says the trip is a 4-day one. Thanks for your input. 

Amie -
    Valid point on why he's taking the children.  I enjoy having my family with me as much as possible.  I'm sure he can afford a nanny to assist him & First Lady Michelle if needed.

Colonial -
    I only read the articles on the page - which had been sent to me by a friend.  I did not realize it was a "rapture" site. 
    Anywho... that said ... I was unaware that other presidents take a caravan of 3000 people to economic summits & what not... this trip has been earmarked as "largest caravan by US president"...
    Thanks for your answer.

Warm regards~

6. profile image59
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

There are several reasons for this trip. The main reason is that the U.S. wants to establish a military presence in India which would provide easier access to Afghanistan and Pakistan. This is also a joint military exercise with the Indian Navy which is why U.S. warships are involved. It's very likely that several U.S. ships will remain docked in India's waters after Obama returns. There's other reasons for this $900 million jaunt but they're top secret. Consider also that Obama, who has already spent more in two years than has any other President in four years, has a personal agenda he wants to discuss with India's elite.

Closed to reply