jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think of our presidential candidates?

1. manofmystery24 profile image59
    manofmystery24posted 5 years ago

What do you think of our presidential candidates?

Do you think either of them fit to be president?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

No. Obama is clearly unqualified to be President, and Romney scares me. If I had to pick between the two, It would be Obama. I'll probably vote third party.

3. Freeway Flyer profile image90
    Freeway Flyerposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone is qualified to do that job. The federal government is too big for anyone to run, and a President's powers are limited. A President is held responsible for everything even though he has limited powers and is expected to manage the unmanageable. Still, relative to past Presidents, both are pretty light on qualifications. If nothing else, at least Obama has been President for four years. Romney's only experience was as a relatively powerless governor of Massachusetts, a state where the legislature basically ran the show.

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I think their agendas are pretty clearly aligned. Both have managed to irritate their base supporters in some way. President Obama is powerless and has had to rely on corruption to achieve and maintain power. Mitt Romney is something of a wildcard. He hasn't experienced Washington politics firsthand, as Obama has had to do; but I think his party and the Washington establishment don't trust him. I respect the first as an idealistic intellectual trapped by the whirlpool of his own office. I respect the second as a successful and hard-working businessman who will constantly butt heads with the Pentagon.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Fit to be president?  That is a hard call. I can only say that I am not totally in favor of either candidate.  I believe Obama has failed to lead, but frankly Romney's religious views and alignment with the Mormon church scares me.

working