How to Reuse Old Mouse Pad?
What Can You Do with Old Mouse Pads? Plenty!
On this page you'll find some cool ideas how to reuse old mouse pads but also links to many online sources with instructions and tutorials how to make your own homemade mouse pad.
All mouse pad images on this page are from Willowdesign store. By clicking on the link you can take a look at other designs and pick the one you like for yourself or for a gift. Of course, if you're ready to part with your old mouse pad!
And here are some ideas how to prolong the life of an old pad by giving it a second life, an alternative purpose!
Pad under Table Legs
Simple way to reuse an old mouse pad
When you get a new mouse pad for your computer, don't throw out the old one. Use it to make pads for table legs and chairs to prevent them from scratching wood and other hard-surface floors. Just cut the foam and cloth pad into small pieces and superglue each piece to the bottom of a leg.
Make Knee Pads for Garden
Just carry your old mouse pad with you to the garden!
Old computer mouse pads are just the right size to cushion your knees when you're working in the garden. Kneel on them loose as is or attach them directly to your pant legs with duct tape.
Pad under Houseplants
Mouse pad will also help if you spill water!
Keep potted plant containers from scratching or damaging your hard floors. Just set the pot atop an old mouse pad and your floor will remain scratch-free. Use four pads for large pots.
Hot Pad for Table
No need to buy hot pad if you have old mousepad!
Protect your table from hot casseroles, coffeepots, and serving dishes. Use old PC mouse pads as hot pads. The cloth-topped foam mouse pad is the perfect size to hold most hot containers you bring to the table.
Decorate Bathroom Scales
Use mouse pad to match your scale with bathroom design!
Use you old mouse pad for bath scales. First paint scales with enamel paint to match the bathroom. Then take old mouse pad, cut it in two, and then round the corners where you cut them. Glue the cut pieces where your feet go on the scales, and decoupage a nice napkin that matches your décor in the bathroom and put on a sealer.
Use as Stamp
Kids can find use for old mouse pads as well!
Using cookie cutters, trace onto a mouse pad. Cut the shape out and then dip into paint. Use to decorate your child's room or give to kids and let them dab onto paper.
Use as Cushions
Mouse pads will last longer that common cushions!
Stack one or a few together and use 'em as a cushion on a wood benches or under seat cushion pads on dining chairs to stop them sliding about.
- Cut small circles and use as "stoppers" for cabinet doors.
- Cut small circles and use as appliance "feet."
- Use as a place mat.
- Cut, layer and use as a wrist support for the computer keyboard.
- Cut into strips and place under heavy items so they don't scratch the counter or desk.
- Use as a cushion between wood and clamps when woodworking.
- Use as shelf protectors for your kitchen cupboards.
- To stop the tins scratching the shelves or to stop sauces and vinegar etc from making a mess/ stain of the shelves.
- Sit computers on them to reduce the noice from fan and disk vibration.
- You could cut them up and use them as drink coasters.
- If they are thin you could cut them into little squares for 3d pictures.
- If you keep fish you can put old mouse pad under the tank to support the glass/plastic.
- Computer mouse pads can be used in the craft room as a base for making precise cuts.
- Mouse Mouse Pad
Add some cuteness to your child's desktop with this cute computer mouse pad, a study buddy who?ll be as quiet as, well, a mouse.
- Craftzine.com blog: HOW TO - Make a Mouse Pad Cover
Anna Torborg of Twelve 22 has a great tutorial (PDF) on how to make your own mousepad cover with cool fabric prints. Link....
- My Own Mouse Pad Craft
Make your computer mouse scamper with delight!
- Oriental Mouse Pad - Craftbits.com Craft Project
Oriental Mouse Pad craft project, Free Craft Projects, Ideas, Crafts, Kids, Kids lesson plans, Wedding Crafts, Candle and Soap Making, Scrapbook, Crochet, Knitting Patterns, Craft Advice, Holiday activities, Jewelry, Bead, Sewing, Therapy, Group, Cra
- Craft Project: Cat and Mouse Pad
Craft Project: Cat and Mouse Pad. Mouse pad smudged and dirty? Recycle it! The hungry cats on this one are ready and waiting for the mouse to come and play!
- LIVING : Crafts & Projects : Mouse Pad : DIY Network
Learn how to make a unique mouse pad for your computer.
- Make a Dora MousePad
Keep your family's computer mouse company with Dora and her friends.
- Homemade Mouse Pad
How to Make a Homemade Mouse Pad. Is your old mouse pad worn out and ugly? Or, are you looking for a fun project to do with the kids? Add a little cuteness to any desktop with this adorable computer buddy. This cheap and easy mouse pa...
- Funky & Delightful: Quick Craft
In need of a mouse pad for my room-to-room roving laptop I made a quick no-sew version from fabric and cork
- Child's Mouse Pad
How to Make a Child's Mouse Pad. Instead of purchasing a mouse pad for your kids' computer, you can create one that they will love using. This 'mouse' pad is particularly cute and kids love it. Follow these instructions to make your ...
- CRAFTS : Linens & Fabrics : Fabric Covered Mouse Pad : DIY Network
In this segment, host Dena Fishbein shows you how to make a covered mouse pad that will have you clicking in style.
Do you have some more tips on how to reuse old mouse pads?
Share them with us!