- Politics and Social Issues»
- Crime & Law Enforcement
polluters should be arrested
Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation – Coshocton, Ohio.
Authorities are scared to take action against polluters
- The polluters hire public relations firms to say that this is the price of progress or some such BS.
- The polluters say that the economy is bad. The implied threat is that they will close down the plant and there will be mass layoffs and the citizens will scream at officials and not re-elect them.
- If the economy is booming, then the polluters say that the economy is good. The implied threat is that they will close down the plant and there will be mass layoffs and the citizens will scream at officials and not re-elect them.
- Either way, economy up or down, the polluters threaten politicians effectively because they know that Joe Sixpack will not bother to think this through. His health and that of his family is threatened by the toxins in the air, water and land. They may all get cancer or some other fatal disease. And there are hired hacks actively fighting health care reform so that Joe Sixpack can't even afford the resulting medical bills from cancer. The company could move overseas anyway and the jobs could still disappear. Better for the politicians to attract clean companies to their town so as not to be caught by the short hairs. Better for Joe Sixpack to find a job with a clean company and move out of the polluted town. But Joe Sixpack never thinks this through and will go to his grave loyal to the company that is killing him and his family.
- There is an anti-regulation mood among Republicans. Do you know what regulations are? Regulations are laws. For example, laws that say that it is bad to poison the air, land and water. Like to breathe air that won't kill you? Like to swim or fish? Too bad. Like to eat food? The food is full of dangerous chemicals unless you can afford organic food shipped in from a place that has sane laws on the books that prohibit poisoning the soil. Even if you grow food in your own backyard, have you had your soil tested? Your suburb most likely was built on a toxic waste dump. So when you hear some politician rail against regulations, they want to get rid of laws that prevent you from being poisoned.
Sign of the Times
fossil fuel is retarding the economy
Yes, Congress is obstructing President Obama just out of pure mean spite and ignoring the Jobs Bill.
Yes, the banks are showing their ingratitude for being bailed out by refusing to lend money and yes many people want to see bankers arrested for their criminal roles in the meltdown.
Yes, Wall Street is showing its ingratitude for being bailed out by funding Massachusetts Governor Romney's campaign for president with the largest super-PAC war chest ever and by refusing to invest in America and yes Timothy Geithner and others on Wall Street should see the inside of a prison cell.
But the real reason the economy is not booming is because America itself is a sissy that will not go full throttle into solar, wind, geothermal, tidal and wave power. US is a wuss. We lack the collective intestinal fortitude [you know what I want to say] to shut down the nasty oil, coal, natural gas and fission industries. We know these industries are bad. God knows I have done umpteen hubs on this and for years you have read articles and heard and seen reports on television that show you that fossil, fracking and fission are bad. So we are way past proof and evidence. It is time to be adults (or pretend to be adults) and b*tch slap these polluters.
God gave you two feet. You can put one of them up the arse of a polluter.
And don't say we should be gentle Christians or whatever faith you have. Jesus Himself got angry, took a whip and drove the moneychangers out of the temple. America is sacred. America is holy. America is a temple. The moneychangers are the polluters. I say that we should be somewhat more aggressive than Jesus. Put the polluters in prison.
And where the prosecutors find proof of people dying in droves, bring back the death penalty for the CEO.
Get mad. Get a clean job. Get a clean business started. Get them.
The True Costs of Pollution
- The True Costs of Pollution
There are many types of pollution. Because we let polluters write the laws, they do not pay the true costs of pollution. You pay that price.
Polluters Should Be Arrested
- Protect Water: Stop Certificate of Approval
it was the Natives, farmers, and good citizens of Simcoe County who shut down Site 41, with not one iota of support from Tony Guergis.
- Aborginal Women Protest Dump Site 41 | rabble.ca
My name is Vicki Monague and I am apart of 5 Anishinabe Kweag from Christian Island, Ontario who are making a stand for the Water where the purest water in the world is being threatened here by Dump Site 41 ( www.stopdumpsite41.ca ).
- Attorney General Suthers Announces Arrest Warrant Issued For Las Animas Man Charged With Illegally D
- #487: 08-22-02 EXECUTIVES CHARGED AND CORPORATIONS PLEAD GUILTY TO POLLUTION CONSPIRACY TO HIDE OIL
- TCEQ Environmental Crimes Investigators Pursue Worst Willful Polluters
- CalTIP-Californians Turn in Poachers
- What should be done to polluting companies? | Scienceray
- First Nation women protecting water source being taken to court by Simcoe County | Media.Knet.Ca
- China pollution arrests rise as Beijing pushes green agenda
China arrested more people last year for environmental offences than in the previous 10 combined, state media said Thursday, as Beijing strives to produce results after a much-vaunted pollution crackdown.
twice moved, twice killed
First a hub and then a Zujava leaf, "Polluters Should Be Arrested" was killed on two different platforms. I may resurrect it on a third platform. Or as a book.
Funny thing is: Pollution is illegal. Felony in some cases but police and prosecutors and the president never go after the CEO's of polluting corporations. Why?