- Politics and Social Issues
Quick, Easy DIY Kitchen Cleaning Tips & Ideas
Harsh Chemicals VS Natural Ways
As research shows, harsh chemicals in cleaning products could cause major health problems for consumers.
More studies have shown that these cleaning products can cause cancer. Not only that, harsh chemicals will dry and harm your skin.
Instead of using these cleaning products, try using natural and safer ways.
Here you will find tips on cleaning the kitchen the natural way, without having to use harsh chemicals.
They also make cleaning work in the kitchen alot easier and help you save cost as well!
Let's start with cleaning the microwave. Shall we?
Here's a scenario that many of us have probably encountered.
You found food splatters in your microwave, but you have no time to clean it or else you're gonna be late for work.
"Don't worry, honey! I'll clean that up for you!", your husband says, and then carries on to flip through the business news.
But either your husband forgets or is too lazy to do it. So you've decided to clean it the next day, which you did not. And then you try cleaning up food splatters that has been left sticking on the corners of your microwave.
Can be a very frustrating and tiring task, huh?
Well, here's a solution for you!
Cleaning your Microwave
Here's how you can make the job easier.
1. Get a microwave-safe bowl and mix in it 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar and 1/2 cup water.
2. Boil it in the microwave.
3. And viola! Loosened food splatters and odors gone!
Half of the work done without you or your husband doing anything.
And all that's left is to wipe them all away with ease.
Try using these to prevent food splatters.
Cleaning Away Spills over Stovetops
So you've made some spills over your stovetop?
Have no fear!
1. Quickly sprinkle some salt onto the affected area.
2. Wipe the spills away.
Not only does the salt act as an absorbent, it won't harm the surface as it is mild-abrasive.
Alternative way to help clean up the mess.
Clearing Eggs from the Floor
Whoops, butter fingers!
So you've accidentally dropped your eggs on the floor?
If you dropped eggs on the floor, here's how to clean that up.
Hopefully, its not too many.
1. Cover it with salt and leave it alone for a couple of minutes.
2. Spend 2 minutes telling your fingers to never, ever do that again.
3. Clean the mess with a paper towel with ease.
You might find these products helpful.
Cleaning Stainless Steel
Vinegar can be used to clean and polish stainless steel, be it pots and pans or even your sink. It helps to break up the dirt and grease and leaving a great shine.
Here's how you do it.
1. First, you soak your stainless steel items in warm water.
2. Next, you rub them with vinegar using a cloth.
3. Rinse them thoroughly.
Perhaps its also time to get a new set.
Cleaning Your Can Opener
Your can opener blade should be cleaned frequently to prevent bacteria.
1. Grab an old toothbrush. If you don't have one, grab your husband's.
2. Fill the old/your husband's toothbrush with loads of anti-bacterial dish soap
3. Scrub the can opener blade vigorously.
4. Get your husband that new electric toothbrush he always wanted.
Get a nice brand-new toothbrush for your husband.
Here's where we can learn from one another.