Thomas J. Watson
Thomas J. Watson Sr. and Jr. (Father and Son)
CEO of IBM - Watson Sr. was the founder of IBM and Watson Jr. build the company into a worldwide Computer company.
Three reasons to love Thomas J. Watson
1. They established and built a great company - IBM Corp.
2. They had 3 simple beliefs -
- Respect for the individual
- Service to the customer
- *Excellence must be a way of life
3. They started a great Research Divison - TJ Watson Research Center
IBM is an American Computer company established in 1911 by Thomas Watson Sr.
New Link List
- Father and son
- IBM Corp.
Corporate web site.
- Research Web site
TJ Watson Research Center - International Research Lab.
- IBM Song Book
- IBM Archives
IBM Archive site
- quintessential quotes...
A PDF file of IBM CEO quotes
- Thomas J. Watson Jr. on wikipedia
Wikipedia entry for TJ Watson Jr.
- Thomas J. Watson Sr. on wikipedia
Wikipedia entry for TJ Watson Sr.
- Watson Fellowship
A Watson Foundation venture.
- Watson on cover of Time Magazine 1955
A fitting tribute to a great businessman.
Chairman of IBM
Some misc. facts on Watson's IBM...
- IBM gave a silver spoon to every new born baby of their employees.
- IBM gave a gold watch or other prize gifts to employees with 25 years service (Quarter Century Club).
- IBM has a zero tolerance policy with regard to alcoholic beverages.
- Every year, Watson Scholarships are awarded to deserving High School graduates entering college. They are sons and daughters of IBM employees.
- At Christmas time, employees and family are treated to a Christmas party where Santa gives out presents to kids under 12 years of age.
- There is an annual Family Day get together that includes food and fun activities for the whole family.
- THINK is the company's motto.