- Politics and Social Issues
What Not Recycling Will Do To You
The Consequences of Not Recycling!
Recycling isn't exactly a new idea, but it's only moved to a more important aspect of everyone's lives within the last few years. We're still slow on progress in the green world, but some things have been accomplished. Is this enough? The answer, simply, is no, and we need to continue to focus our efforts on more green ideas, conservation, and of course, recycling.
Some people, however, just cannot be convinced. For those skeptics, here's a list of things that might happen if you don't recycle.
The Top Ten Things that Will Happen When you Don't Recycle & Reasons Why you Should Recycle
Why should you recycle?
10. Higher fuel prices. Producing more aluminum, textiles, plastic, paper, and other brand new materials from scratch will consume far more energy than salvaging and reusing old materials. The more brand new products that must be created, the more energy used. The more energy used, less fuel is available. Less fuel, higher price.
9. Your children! Do you really want to leave this whole mess for your children to fix? A world without recycling is going to be a very hard existence down the line. Do your part now and make it easier on future generations.
8. More work and more consumer debt. The higher fuel costs rise, the more everyone will have to work to catch up with rising fuel costs. The only alternative would be to fall into debt.
7. Contaminated drinking water. Throwing away toxic materials like paint, batteries, CFL bulbs, and chemicals will inevitably find their way back into the groundwater. Public water plants can't filter out everything, not to mention it affects wildlife, too. You can make your current water cleaner with these recommended tap water filters.
People Love Green Businesses!
If you have a business or work for yourself, people appreciate and remember the sentiment of adding green elements to your business. Use organic products? Bio degradable trash bags? Recycle all of your plastic waste? Let your customers know about it and you'll be rewarded back!
What's the hardest thing for you to recycle?
Dumpsters...Are They Sucking Our Wallets Clean??
Have you ever rented a dumpster? They're insanely expensive! If you have a work dumpster or a dumpster at an apartment/condo complex, this is a huge cost for your employer and for the condo association/landlord. Higher costs for them = higher rent for you or less money they have to pay you!
More Reasons why you Should Recycle
..and what will happen if you don't recycle!
6. The world becomes a giant dump. Landfills everywhere, garbage smell all over the place. The earth is only so big, where are you going to put all of this garbage? The only solution is to reuse things you've used before and to not use as much stuff.
5. It's less expensive than throwing it away. Dumpsters cost money, and so does trash pickup. Recycling is free.
4. More jobs. Recycling creates far more opportunities for employment than landfills and incinerators. More jobs will stimulate the economy and lower prices of goods.
- A Reason to Go Green and Make Some Green
What's still a good investment in a bad economy? This family has the right idea!
- Why Recycle?
A great article about why you should recycle, and exactly how long certain items take to decompose.
- Stop Buying These Things to Go Even Greener
Things you should stop buying today to make a bigger green impact on your life.
Recycling Helps Wildlife, You, and Your Wallet!
Breathe easier, let your wallet get fatter, and help out the earth!
3. It kills wildlife. Creating more waste not only takes up more space that wildlife use, but they use it as a feeding ground. Animals don't know any better than to scavenge off of our food scraps and waste, and can't diffrentiate between safe and unsafe food. There are also a number of harmful contaminants and materials in landfills that will easily kill or trap animals, like fishing line, nets, and plastic can rings (the kind that are on six pack containers to hold them together).
2. Cleaner air. Creating virgin products instead of recycling in most cases uses much more energy, and creates unhealthy emissions. Continued emissions leads to unhealthy living conditions and smog.
1. This is one point that everyone will understand: money. Creating brand new packaging, metals, plastics, paper and other materials on the average uses far more energy than recycling previously used materials. Use this as your arguing point if some stubborn people don't want to see it your way. Most people will understand when you mention the money and economic factor. A good example is aluminum. As opposed to creating new aluminum, recycling old aluminum uses 95% less energy.
Something Everyone Can Understand!
When all else fails, most everyone will understand money. If a person is very stubborn and can't understand the benefits of recycling, remind them of how it can benefit them personally or be financially rewarding. Solar energy is a good example, and can be a great investment. Not only will you not have to pay for your own electricity, but in some areas you can sell the excess electricity you don't use back to the electric company!
- Chartreuse Products
From biodegradable pooch bags to organic cleaning sprays, Chartreuse's products just make sense!
- Green Living Tips
Tips to make your life a little greener by the day!
- Reusable Bags
Trendy reusable bags from EcoGreenBags!
- 7 Essential Things to Recycle
A list of 7 more things you should be recycling...no excuses!